Earlier this year, we wrote a blog post about what to expect from cloud in 2021. In the post, we explained how various cloud trends helped many organisations survive the first wave of the pandemic. We also explained why cloud use will continue to rise and evolve as businesses attempt to minimise disruption and up efficiency in a market still trying to maintain momentum and keep the lights on.
According to Sid Nag, research VP at Gartner, the pandemic has validated cloud’s value proposition. “The increased use of public cloud services has reinforced cloud adoption to be the ‘new normal,’ now more than ever,” he explains.
Today, we’re taking things a step further with our latest eBook, which details everything you can expect from cloud this year. This eBook lists seven cloud trends to watch in 2021. These major trends unpacked in this resource include:
- Public cloud will hit big milestones
- Growth of PaaS and IaaS ramps up
- Multi-cloud and hybrid cloud make a mark
- Close to the edge
- Edge computing brings computing power closer
- Serverless computing and containerisation explode
- The return of the virtual desktop